Monday, March 28, 2011

Here I wander in April.....

Here I wander in April
Cold, grey-headed; and still to my
Heart, Spring comes with a bound, Spring the deliverer,
Spring, song-leader in woods, chorally resonant;
Spring, flower-planter in meadows...........
.R.L Stevenson



An Abstract Take on Nature, Mixed Media 14"x14", 2011


Spring is here! That's what the calender keeps telling us ; as well as the racks at the departmental store, with their skimpy clothes already out! But here in Connecticut, old man winter just refuses to leave! We actually had a few inches of snow on last Friday! Ridiculous.But spring is in my heart, that's for sure.  I decided to do a whole series of paintings on spring! Or in other words, what I associate with spring: Life! Floweres are bursting throught the hardened grounds, the birds are returning to my window sill and I anticiapte the warmth that is sure to come ! Hopefully soon. After the winter we had,  no one should deny us the  pleasure of  bright sunshine, gentle breeze and heady aroma of floweres!!
Well, we might have to wait for few more weeks for that , but I am already there, though my paintings!



Spring's
First puff of perfume mingled, Mixed Media, 8"x10", 2011





Undertones of Life, Mixed Media 9"x12", 2011





Off to the land where dreams come true.Mixed Media, 12"x16", 2011

No comments:

Post a Comment